These Terms of Service are relevant to NONCOMMERCIAL projects only and are subject to revising, editing,
and additions without notice. Prices and policies are based in part off of the most recent edition of the
Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines book.
1) Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece.
2) Clear and concise visual references and/or description of a commission idea must be provided by the Client. After which a preliminary quote will be provided by the Artist.
3) Payments $200 and under must be made up front in full before preliminary work begins. Payment plans are available for commissions above $200.
4) If the artwork is finished before final payments are made, the Client will not receive the original painting, drawing or un-watermarked digital image of the commission until final payments are made.
5) Clients will have the opportunity to direct alterations of their commissions in the sketch stage. No more than two full sketch revisions (or the equivalent, in terms of small alterations) will be made unless the Client wishes to pay for additional sketch revisions.
(at $20 per full sketch)
6) Critique and redline corrections for commissions above $80 are welcome to ensure the best result. Commissions under said price are considered as small works, and thus time revising sketches is not factored into the price.
7) The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and redline pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, coloring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
8) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the sketch stage they will be refunded 50% of what they paid.
9) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during or after the coloring stage they will not be issued a refund.
10) The Artist will not discuss a commission with a Client via public forum, instant messenger, or private note. Communications about commissions between Client and Artist will be made only through e-mail to ensure all information and communications are consolidated in one location.
11) The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission at any time.
12) The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it's necessary for updates, assurance, or reminders. Public updates will also be made via Twitter (Tiinasaurus) feed and Facebook (DragondustStudios).
13) The Artist will not accept requests for the depiction of illegal activities, sexually explicit (x-rated) materials, and hateful images. However artistic nudity, non-explicit fetish, violence, gore, and humorously offensive work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason.
14) The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
15) The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. Rights can be negotiated before the job is taken.
16) The Client may not sell prints of the artwork, or profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media, not digital). The Client may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself. The Client may upload the artwork to a personal website or gallery, provided that the Client includes credit to the Artist within the title or description of the artwork, that the artwork is presented at a reduced resolution, and that the artwork retains any watermarks applied by the Artist.
17) Sketches, and all other forms of preliminary visual work that have been rejected by the Client are the property of the Artist, and may be used by the Artist for any future commissions or personal works.
18) The Client must read, understand, and agree to all the above terms and conditions before entering into an agreement with
• By sending payment, the Client has READ and AGREES to the above Terms & Conditions •
If you have any questions please Contact me.